Dear Kettle fans,
After a long period of bug-squashing and other frantic coding activities, we are happy to give you Kettle’s second milestone of version 3.0.0. (77MB zip file)
What has changed since M1?
- New icons!! This is the first release to include a new set of icons and as such a fresh new look.
- A new Mondrian Input step to read from Pentaho Analyses using MDX.
- A new Regular Expression evaluation step
- Access Input (don’t ask!)
- Fixed / improved repository support
- Improved database dialect handling (SQL Server .. problem and forcing identifiers to lower/uppercase)
- Vast improvements to the clustering/partitioning engine (dynamic partitioning, etc)
- A “Explore DB” button for quick access to your databases
- A complete set of internal changes with respect to the “look & feel” of Spoon
- A series of improvements to the Lazy Conversion algorithms
- The remaining steps that where missing in M1 got ported
- Of-course a host of bugs got fixed as well
With this 3.0.0M2 release we’re setting another big step towards more stability and maybe a GA release in a few months. However, please refrain from using this version in production situations!
Help us out and report bugs over here